[AMPS] Buffer/Driver Stage for 4-1000 Amp

Wt8r@aol.com Wt8r@aol.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:39:59 EDT

In a message dated 4/26/01 7:24:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ToddRoberts2001@aol.com writes:

>  I am planning to use one of those 90-100 watt solid-state rigs to drive a
>  4-1000 amp project. From what I can gather it appears that to be able to
> take
>  full advantage of an all grounded-grid/ cathode driven 4-1000 tube ,the
>  driver should be able to supply about 150-200 watts of drive. It would
seem
>  the best answer would be to build a buffer/driver stage using perhaps a
>  single or dual 811A tubes that could be driven with maybe 25-50 watts and
>  deliver 100-200 watts of drive to the 4-1000. I was wondering if anyone
has
>  ever  tried this or any suggestions? How about a pair of 811A's running
> class
>  A driving the 4-1000 cathode? Thanks for any ideas. 73 Todd Roberts WD4NGG
.

Todd,

You don't mention what the anode voltage is in your amplifier.

To get 1500 watts out, only about 100W drive is required if your anode
voltage is about 5KV.

73 de

Dave, WT8R