[AMPS] Triton - Glass tubes ??

Jon Ogden na9d@speakeasy.net
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:22:10 -0500

on 4/29/01 9:20 AM, measures at 2@vc.net wrote:

>> Yes, Richardson is the distributor for Triton, Amperex, and Eimac.
>> You can buy from dealers but they have to buy from Richardson at whole sell
>> prices.
>> Covimag (Amperex) and Eimac should reconsider their deal with Richardson.
>
> I heard that the U. S. Justice Dept. was after Eddie Richardson for
> monopolistic business practices due to his shennigan with Varian/Eimac --
> which is like they later did with 'Dollar Bill' Gates.

Yes, Rich, this is VERY true.

Richardson is in my backyard.  A friend works for an engineering company
they own.  They distribute some parts for me.  They compete with me on
others.  They are well known for cut-throat business practices.

I interviewed with them for a sales job when I was first getting into sales.
The HR person who gave me the plant tour, told me about the Justice
Department suit.  Richardson lost and it badly hurt them.  Funny thing was,
the HR guy was actually proud of it!  They were it like a badge of honor.
Basically, I got the impression that if they had the opportunity to do such
a thing again - they would!

73,

Jon
NA9D