[AMPS] Cleaning aluminum variable capacitors

w7xu w7xu@dtgnet.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 05:08:51 +0000

Hello all,

Another source of polishing would be to use a case tumbler
used to polish cartridge cases when reloading ammunition.
Walnut shells or ground up corn cobs are used as media, and
are available at sporting goods stores. I haven't tried
aluminum in my tumbler, but brass certainly comes out nice
and shiny.  (Incidentally, although called tumblers, the units
I'm talking about are more of a vibrating tub than anything
else).

73,  Arliss  W7XU