[AMPS] SB-220: Operate/Standby Switch

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 10:38:25 -0600

> Oh dear...    I just started to think, "Wonder if I'll get an e-mail
> from Bill Orr about this?" Bill was a silent reader of AMPS for a long
> time, but would quite often send private e-mails with useful information
> and Eimac history. Like  so many other AMPS readers, I'll miss him too.

I too will miss the E-Mails from Bill and the benefit of his vast experience.
Luckily, most of it has been written down...what a great legacy for future
generations!

As I see the passing of the WW II vets at the rate of about 1000 per week,
it saddens me to think that we will soon be loosing the amp pioneers at
an alarming rate. Too little of this vast knowledge has been documented.

Truly a sad day in Ampsville.....

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC