[AMPS] 77SX

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:00:11 -0000

Paul's comments on  open circuit neutrals causing problems bring a wry smile.
That's because I've been told by the elctricity people that such an occurrence
is so rare that it needn't be worried about!

Back in 1986 or so, there was an international conference on Land Mobile Radio
organised by the IERE as it was then. I did a paper entitled 'Killing the
Customer' on the problems of PME in small radio installations, which apparently
upset the 'powers that be', because they couldn't fault it technically, but it
was 'politically incorrect', because it publicised the diminutuion in safety for
economics.

I suspect the problem, as so many have said, is in the grounding.

73

Peter G3RZP