[AMPS] 77SX

paul apollo_six@btinternet.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:15:24 +0000

Oh this is interesting stuff. I've encountered it on at least 4
occasions and one other occasion at Christmas one year when luckily it
was not me that was "available" and when the person who had to respond
to it spent 2 days going up and down the mountainside looking for one of
these faults that does not occur and who never did find it!

I know in at least one case it electrocuted someone and in other cases
it has interfered with none associated electrical equipment in a serious
way.

The problem is it doesn't occur because "They" never admit it does and
when it does happen "They" have a hell of a job finding it so it doesn't
occur.

I would suspect it must have done someone a serious injury at some time
consequently "They will never admit it, even if theoretically it can
happen

I take my own measures to avoid it happening to me.

Paul

In message <6CEB3A36096CD2119FEE00A0C9410EC201D7D6C1@excalibur.swindon.m
sl.mitel.com>, Peter Chadwick <Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com> writes

>Paul's comments on  open circuit neutrals causing problems bring a wry smile.
>That's because I've been told by the elctricity people that such an occurrence
>is so rare that it needn't be worried about!
>
>Back in 1986 or so, there was an international conference on Land Mobile Radio
>organised by the IERE as it was then. I did a paper entitled 'Killing the
>Customer' on the problems of PME in small radio installations, which apparently
>upset the 'powers that be', because they couldn't fault it technically, but it
>was 'politically incorrect', because it publicised the diminutuion in safety for
>economics.
>
>I suspect the problem, as so many have said, is in the grounding.
>
>73
>
>Peter G3RZP
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/amps

To try and not succeed is better than not to try at all (Anon)