[AMPS] stable SS amplifiers

John T. M. Lyles jtml@lanl.gov
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:39:37 -0700

I apologize if I sent this out a month ago and might be repeating it.
Memory is one of the first things to go with age right? Damn, need a
daily dose of RF....

Polyfet has been making good gold-metallized DMOS transistors for
VHF/UHF power since 1985. The web site has some good information,
including schematics of typical power amplifiers. Take a look. Also
the articles and presentations are interesting, one has typical
stabilization circuits for MOSFET power amplifiers, presented by S.
K. Leong at the 1997 IEEE/MTT conference. They aren't bipolar
amplifiers, so the principles are different (BJT vs MOSFET gain and
freq response).

http://WWW.polyfet.com/