[AMPS] Advice about what linear to buy

J. Bradshaw ac6tk@cybertime.net
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:22:56 -0800

| >Well, certainly there are many things to do with TVI.  Often many things act
| >in concert, not the least of which could be the TV, or even materials not
| >considered active that just happen to be within the RF field  ......
|
| For me, a major souce of TVI has been rectification at the joints in
| metal rain gutters.  The fix was to solder the joints.

Indeed the 40 watt problem I mentioned was actually due to
worn mountings on the 2/440 antenna support.  Forty watts
on 20 meters was destroying channels 2, 4, and 5 with noticeable
trouble on 7 and 13.  Shaking the mast would make it come and
go.  After replacing the antenna support and installing the TV
antenna 5 ft higher on a rotor with a 2/440 beam over it, then
putting on a Radio Shack high pass filter, I can now watch
any channel with an excellent picture while talking on all bands
80-10m with the amp (30L-1) on line.  All coax cables, including
the Ham feedlines and quad-shield rg-6 for the TV/VCR and
stereo all go through the same hole in the wall.

Jim,
ac6tk