[AMPS] QRP and a 3CX3000A7 (long)

Steve Bauder sbauder@win.bright.net
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:14:59 -0600

I'm a QRP op (don't be mean now!) who recently had the opportunity to
cannibalize an FM broadcast transmitter. I don't have much use for most
of the high power stuff, but it likely would have been hauled to a
landfill if I hadn't grabbed it. Here's some of the stuff I have
(looking for offers on the lot...hope I'm not running afoul of list
etiquette here):

Svetlana 3cx3000A7, new. Well, not brand new, but I had just put it in
the socket the first week in December. Operating at full TPO until
removed from service 1/25/01.

Good pullout 3cx3000 (can't remember the mfg)

Soft pullout 3cx3000 (mfg???)

3cx3000 socket, chimney, plate blocker, etc.

(2) Eimac 4cx250's with sockets, chimneys, plate clamps. These were in
service operating flawlessly until removal 1/25/01.

A whole gaggle of 4cx250 pullouts, some softer than others, but all make
RF.

(2) Jennings 3-30pf vvc's w/turns counters

Plate blower, Centrimax CX33A3G. 230v single phase, re-wound 1 year ago.
This blower is big. Too big for my DSW20. And noisy. Too noisy for my
neighborhood.

(2) 10uf @ 3000v caps (the date code is 1979 so I'm not too worried
about PCB's)

Lots of doorknob caps and other miscellany.

****Ideally, I'd like somebody to come take a look at the lot and make
me an offer****. If that doesn't work out, I'll re-post with $$ for each
item. I'm located in western WI, 60 miles east of the Twin Cities.

The remains of the transmitter are in the basement of building that is
scheduled to be demolished in February. I left lots of stuff in the TX,
but I have another week or so to get it out. Here's what's left inside
the tx: plate transformer (208-3phase, I think it's wye connected. The
transformer is a bigun...pickup only), two plate chokes (one too big to
ship, the other looks like a 20 pounder), various 125w bleeder
resistors, a couple 10uf @ 3000v caps, various contactors. If any of
this stuff interests you, just pay for my time to remove it and actual
packing and shipping costs. I hate to see this stuff hauled off with the
rubble.

73,
Steve, nx9z