[AMPS] Big Bangs

2 2@vc.net
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:40:31 -0700

>Good morning gentlemen,
>
>	The problem suffered by Art, with his power supply, raises a question from
>me, which is this, what is the nominal shelf life for unused electrolytic
>capacitors, also what checks / procedures, should be carried out, before such
>long stored  capacitors are put into use. ...

Electroilytic life expectancy is ‰20 years for the older design.  Modern
design electrolytics typically have: more C per unit volume, less leakage
at rated WV, don't require pre-conditioning, and are generally able to
handle higher ripple current.  I have no info on life expectancy of
modern design units.

cheers, John

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end