Fw: [AMPS] Low B+ on Titan 425

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:49:24 -0800

Hi Stan,
-
Like Phil, I agree that the filter capacitor bank would
be near the top of a list of things to check first.  I have
repaired a quantity of Alpha amplifiers with similar
symptoms, but not with open filters, mostly shorting or
temporary shorting caps.
It  was interesting to note that some of the amplifiers
would operate at the lower plate voltage, others
would trip out the breakers right away.  The more
strange problems were the caps that would fail after
a variable on time, then go back to working with
power removal, then fail well into the next operating
cycle.   More gray hair...

cheers
skipp may   wv6f
nospam4me@juno.com
http://sonic.ucdavis.edu

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stan Staten <n3hs@qsl.net>
Haven't used my Titan for some time and when I powered it up to use, the
panel meter shows the B+ as just under 1800V not the 2200V the manual
says
it should be on high power.  it is also indicated as being 1250 or so on
low power.  Any thoughts on what to check first?  By-the-way, power out
and
general operation are consistent with this lower B+.

Thanks & 73
Stan, N3HS

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.