[AMPS] Microwave oven transformers??

W0YR@aol.com W0YR@aol.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 07:51:04 EST

I believe it was in RadCom, the RSGB's periodical (which, by the way is
vastly superior to technically dummed down QST and the no code publication,
CQ).

If I remember correctly, the main point of the article was that the
transformers, if highly enough rated, serve as good transformers for B+
supplies.

If you think about it, many microwave ovens are rated at a kilowatt and it is
not uncommon to use cooking cycles up to 15 or 20 minutes, far longer any of
our transmissions (well, most).

If you can get one for free, I'd say hook it up and smoke test it with heavy
bleeder load and see what pops.

73

Mike