[AMPS] Nichrome wire and tube chimneys!

Jon Ogden na9d@speakeasy.net
Sun, 13 May 2001 22:33:26 -0500

on 5/13/01 9:52 AM, measures at 2@vc.net wrote:

> €  You don't seem to get it, Jon.  A high-speed centrifugal blower is
> required to overcome  the back-pressure in the SK-510 air system socket.

Perhaps I don't, Rich.

And perhaps I am full of BS.  But I prefer cooling systems that work in the
direction of natural convection of heat.  Heat flows up.  So something that
blows cool air over something in an upward direction is in my mind better
than something that blows air across it.

Your comments about the blower and the reduction of air flow are quite
correct, I am sure.  Yet, the guys at Eimac that designed the cooling system
and chimneys and tubes way back when weren't a bunch of boobs either.  I am
sure they had good reason to do it that way.

Jon

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA