[AMPS] Nichrome wire and tube chimneys!

measures 2@vc.net
Sun, 13 May 2001 07:52:24 -0700

>on 5/12/01 11:26 PM, measures at 2@vc.net wrote:
>
>> ¿ four identical posts?
>
>Problem with my DSL line last night caused it.

€  tnx.  which company?

>> With a fan whose diameter is equal to the height of the 4-1000A - plus a
>> split chassis, no problemo.
>
>I suppose you could, Rich.  However, that would get to be a fairly large fan
>given the size of a 4-1000 or 3-1000.  By that time, it's probably easier to
>use a blower underneath and a chminey or pickle jar.

€  You don't seem to get it, Jon.  A high-speed centrifugal blower is
required to overcome  the back-pressure in the SK-510 air system socket.
High-speed blowers are hard to live with, scarce and expensive.
   RE:  Easier?  A wide selection of fans is available at an electric
motor shop in Oxnard, about 11 miles from where I live.  .  What could be
easier?  Besides that,  Oxnard has Toppers - a delightsome pizza place.

The laugher about Heath's ingenious cooling system is that it was
pooh-poohed by one of AMPS self-recognized "experts".

cheers, Jon

end