[AMPS] alpha input swamp circuit

Steve Thompson g8gsq@qsl.net
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:58:10 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: skipp isaham <nospam4me@juno.com>
To: amps@contesting.com <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 12 November 2001 08:39
Subject: [AMPS] alpha input swamp circuit

snip
>>Your suggestion taken to the next step, would
>>be a series R & UF Diode paralleled with
>>the current circuit.  The R value chosen to be
>>similar to the tubes parallel drive impedance
>>value.
>-
>: I do not see how such a circuit would do the job.
>: Perhaps a road map would help.
>-
>It would not provide flywheel, just "better" exciter
>matching in the alternate half cycle.  Impedance
>hell would potentially be less hell in the alternate
>half cycle.
A while ago I spent time looking at diodes to use in a limiter in front of a
hf rx system where very high currents were expected under fault conditions.
Things tested included numerous tyoes of high speed and ultra high speed
power rectifier diodes. I found that none of them gave diode characteristics
above about 10MHz. Has the shunt diode idea been tried in practice? Did it
work above 10MHz? If yes, please let me know which brand and part # was
used.

Thanks,

Steve