[AMPS] alpha input swamp circuit

Lamb k7fm@teleport.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:14:31 -0800

Steve asked:

". Has the shunt diode idea been tried in practice? Did it
work above 10MHz? If yes, please let me know which brand and part # was
used."

In the late 50's, I think it was W6JAT, who worked for Eimac that published
a circuit of a shunt diode across the input circuit of a 3-1000 amp, using a
6X4.  The diode did not have a series R, although it would have an internal
impedance.  Circuit was claimed to work fine.  I always had a big question
mark about it.

I have tested solid state diodes and never had success.  It may have been my
"loose" testing setup.  Time to do more testing.

73,  Colin  K7FM