[AMPS] Reverse-engineering design plate HV

Jerry Flanders jflanders2@home.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:12:35 -0500

Thanks. ARRL handbook indicated that blocking capacitor voltage rating
should be about 2x the plate supply, but I didn't know if commercial specs
would agree.

It must have been about 4KV. I have to come up with a supply to power it
with to check it out. I should be able to use the 3500V available in my
AL-1200 to make sure all the amp's components are good before buying PS
components to build a separate supply for it.

73

Jerry W4UK