[AMPS] ALC connection

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:08:46 +0000

Hello all
I have been studding how to connect my Cliperton-L amp up to my TS-940. I
have seen the circuits for using a transistor to switch the keying on the
amp and I have looked at the various websites that sell the cables that have
the keying circuit built into to the cable.
All these methods handle the keying of the amp from the rig but none of them
have provisions for the ALC line from the pin on the rig to the ALC plug on
the amp.
So my question is how do you handle this?
I figure if I build my own keying box I can run a separate line from the pin
on the din plug to the ALC connection but of all the examples I have seen of
these none have a line for the ALC.
I know this is a very simple question compared to some of the high tech
threads on here but I am a novice when it comes to amps. All I have done
with mine so far is turn it on and make sure all the lights and meters work.

I have one more question. My amp was shipped to me with the tubes
uninstalled. I have taken the top off the amp mainly to make sure nothing
was broken and that the 10 meter mod was done.
My questions is where the 4 572B tubes go there are 3 copper straps with
rings on the top. I assume that these attach to the top of the tubes. Which
of the 4 tubes do the three straps go on? Or is there suppose to be 4 straps
and one is missing?
73
Rick
KC5AJX