[Amps] Thinking about building an amp.

wlfuqu00@uky.edu Wlfuqu00@uky.edu
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:34:22 -0400

         The AT-11MP is an L network tuner. The problem here is that it
will not cure the distortion due to the non-linear loading of the input to
the grounded grid amplifier.  The Q of an L matching network is the square
root of the impedance ratio being matched. So if the Z ratio is near 1 then
the Q will be near 1 also. Another way to put it is that you will not have
enough fly-wheel action to reduced the cycle to cycle distortion on the
cathode ckt.

73
Bill wa4lav