[Amps] Thinking about building an amp.

wlfuqu00@uky.edu Wlfuqu00@uky.edu
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:19:41 -0400

At 09:29 PM 4/18/02 -0500, Gary Smith wrote:
>I was thinking it might be nice to use one of the
>automatic tuners like the AT-11MP instead of making a fixed tuned
>input. Seems like the AT-11MP would find a nice match regardless
>of where I tuned.

If you had a capacitor between cathode and ground who's capacitive
reactance is say 1/5 of the cathode resistance and if      the   AT-11MP
would match it then you should have your fly-wheel effect and a Q of at
least 5.  However, this may require switching in a different capacitor for
each band.

73
Bill wa4lav