[Amps] Solid State HF amps and kits (VERY LONG)

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:22:26 -0700

Jim,

I read all this but still don't really understand your position, or your
point.

CB amplifiers are illegal, period, and anyone who builds and sells them (at
least in the U.S.) should be cited, charged and convicted.  Is this a
difficult concept?

Regarding the PCB prices and costs, your references have nothing to do with
what CCI is selling, which is double-sided, tinned copper, holes drilled and
plated through, transistor mounts punched,  with silkscreening, sheared and
tested.  This is far from the $2 boards you were claiming would be
equivalent.

I know Accutrace, et al, and have used them before.  If I provide them with
Gerbers, they'll make an AR347 amplifier board for about $50 each, as I
previously stated would be the case from Circuit Express.  That includes
shearing, drilling, punching, plating, silk screening and placing each board
in a 2 mil poly bag, just like CCI does.  How does a $2 board figure into
this, anywhere?

It sounds to me like you're just someone with a gripe, and although I fully
understand gripes and frequently have my own, I don't get this one.

73 de Steve, WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger