[Amps] Q: Chimneys for 3-500/4-400??

BEAR bearlabs@netzero.net
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:49:07 -0500

Rich wrote:

> The work-around is to plagiarize the split-chassis transverse 6" fan
> cooling system used in the Heath SB-220.  The glass envelopes will run
> way cooler, the amp will run quieter, and there will be no expensive
> glass chimneys to buy.

Nah nah... no thanks... I think the issue is the temperature of the plate seal
and the pins seals... I'd also prefer to have the same temp air on all
sides of the tube.

You should read the description of how HOT the Henry folks intend to run these
tubes - *very*.

I've got a nice quiet "squirrel cage" fan for the bottom... expect it do do
way better than a muffin fan blowing across ... unless I'm missing something
about the Heathkit method?

I'm going PICKLE style! :- )

            _-_-bear WB2GCR