[Amps] How to connect the SB-220 to a Kenwood TS-530 and TS-930

Rich 2@vc.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 05:09:56 -0800

>Hello!
>Can someone please describe to me how is the connection made from the
>Heath SB-220 to the Kenwood TS-530 (with TUBES finals ) and TS-930 (Solid
>State ).
>   As far as the RF cable connection I see no problem there, but am not
>really sure on how to go about making the ALC

 ALC does not work as advertised.

>and the relay connections
>to either one of the transceivers.

The Kenwood relay-control pin connections are given in the first diagram
in:
http://www.vcnet.com/measures/440.html

> I rather wait until I get a sure thing
>info. I would also like to know if it will be safe to use the TS-530 with
>the SB-220. I realize that to use it with the TS-930, first I would have
>to do an upgrade on the SB-220 relay.

The 930's switch-transistor will handle the relay-control voltage
[c.+115v] from a SB-220 or a TL-922.  A TS-940 or 950 will not.