[Amps] ICOM 756 PRO II or FT 1000 MP Field or Mk 5 ?

Blake Meinecke n4gi@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:25:01 -0500

This loaded question pokes it's head everywhere....  Like the rest of life,
it's all in what you want to get out of it.  Kindof like the candy
commercial so eloquently states:

"Sometimes I feel like a nut.....  Sometimes I don't."

I'd suggest reading the archives of the 1000MP reflector.

I wouldn't trade my MKV for anything else currently.  Icom's all-DSP
filtering  just sounds too "ringy" for me as a CW operator, but perhaps they
do justice to those sewer-pipe sounding hi-fi SSB signals that are so
popular nowadays?

All these choices are what makes hamming so much fun!

YMMV,
Blake N4GI