[Amps] ICOM 756 PRO II or FT 1000 MP Field or Mk 5 ?

Dave Smith - W6TE w6te@pacbell.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:34:11 -0800

Friends,

Blake couldn't have said it better. I've never had a rig that could
filter  adjacent channel interference like the MK-V! I'm talking
extremely loud adjacent channel. I'm extremely satisfied with the rig.
It's rock solid!

Dave Smith / W6TE

-----Original Message-----
From: amps-admin@contesting.com [mailto:amps-admin@contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Blake Meinecke
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 6:25 PM
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ICOM 756 PRO II or FT 1000 MP Field or Mk 5 ?

This loaded question pokes it's head everywhere....  Like the rest of
life,
it's all in what you want to get out of it.  Kindof like the candy
commercial so eloquently states:

"Sometimes I feel like a nut.....  Sometimes I don't."

I'd suggest reading the archives of the 1000MP reflector.

I wouldn't trade my MKV for anything else currently.  Icom's all-DSP
filtering  just sounds too "ringy" for me as a CW operator, but perhaps
they
do justice to those sewer-pipe sounding hi-fi SSB signals that are so
popular nowadays?

All these choices are what makes hamming so much fun!

YMMV,
Blake N4GI