[AMPS] Replacing Old Tubular Paper capacitors

Jim Bryant kc5vdj@yahoo.com
Sun, 06 Jan 2002 02:40:47 -0600

I also highly recommend Sprague "Orange-Drop" caps...

A good source for these is http://www.tubesandmore.com

Phil Clements wrote:

> I have used the orange-drop caps for years in my
>
> restoration projects with pleasing results.
>

> (((73)))
>
> Phil, K5PC
> Subject: [AMPS] Replacing Old Tubular Paper capacitors
>

>     Hello All, I know this is a bit off topic, but I also know we have
>     alot of capacitor Guru's on board. I am refurbing an old Heathkit
>     Oscilloscope. Its time to replace all the Paper caps. Which of our
>     modern caps would be suitable replacements. I would be replacing
>     several all .1 mfd in the 200, 400 and 1200 VDC range.
>
>     To say the least I am really confused, please set me straight.
>     Thanks in advance,  Kurt...

jim
--
          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!