[AMPS] Input matching experiment

Jim Strohm jstrohm@texas.net
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:07:59 -0600

Project update -- I'd forgotten how long it took to assemble all the pieces
for an HV supply out of the junkbox.  I think I need to hire a lab
assistant.

Anyway, I've got practically everything gathered up and all the
subassemblies soldered together, and most of the holes drilled in the power
supply chassis.  With a little luck, I'll be ready to burn anything at 0 -
3000 VDC, up to about 300mA by tomorrow night.  A schematic and digital pix
will follow -- all I can say is, "kids, don't try this at home."

I usually build better junk than this but I didn't have a suitable chassis
this time.

As time permits I'll pass along details on the amp deck.  Pi-network
output, experimental input.  Experiments will look at both cathode-driven
and grid-driven configs.  Exciter #1 will be at 27.12 MHz ISM band, into a
dummy load, of course.

73

Jim N6OTQ