[AMPS] Anode cooler question

Jim Strohm jstrohm@texas.net
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:35:19 -0600

I was lookin' on that unnameable auction site, and found an auction for a
4-1000A anode cooler.

And I thought about the last swap fest, where I scored some tubes very
similar to 2C39s -- big finned external anode jobbers..

An anode cooler is $10.  A dud 2C39 is 10 cents.  Has anybody tried
removing the anode structure from one of these tubes to use as an anode
cooler?

I'm debating whether to try, but since I don't have a lathe or a bandsaw,
the task would be difficult.  Exposure to toxic materials is not an issue
-- I have appropriate tools and techniques to keep myself and my
surroundings safe.

Comments?

Jim N6OTQ