[AMPS] found connectors but now : cable ?

Radio WC6W wc6w@juno.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:15:57 -0800

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:08:34 +0200 yo9fzs <yo9fzs@office.deck.ro> writes:

<snip>

> I was servicing TV rcvrs for few years.
> Sometimes I found RG58 and RG59 coaxial cables used for the FB
transformer
> to CRT anode HV/EHT (18 to 27 kV) connection, especially inside the old
TVs
> (made in the '70s and early '80s, some by well known european
companies).

  Hi Traian,
     Are you sure the coax shield was grounded?

     I've seen that arrangement used on a number of TV's but, the center
conductor & shield are for the Anode V and the static convergence element
which is operated only about 1000V away from the Anode V.

73,
   Marv  WC6W

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.