[AMPS] found connectors but now : cable ?

yo9fzs yo9fzs@office.deck.ro
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:26:44 +0200

Hi Marv

I'm absolutely sure.
I remember that in a TV set made by Telefunken I saw for the first time
a RG58 coaxial (labeled as RG58), until then I saw only "no name" ones...

This arrangement was used also in some B/W TVs (no convergence circuits
there)
and the EHT TV anode "pipe" anode CRT connector with the coaxial attached
could be found as a spare.
I remember that at the "pipe" cable end, the shield was removed for two or
three inches from the cable and only the center conductor connected to
the anode "pipe". At the other end of the cable the shield was got away
from the center conductor and connected directly to the TV chassis
(not at the PCB gnd, but at the chassis). This gnd shield wire was relatively

long (about 4" and insulated using PVC varnish for not touching other "hot"
components)
because the central wire was connected to the FBT/EHT HV rectifier
(selenium rectifier cells inside!), which was placed far away from the rest.

I'm also remembering about this arrangement, as because for it I had my
very first direct contact with the HV level (little but painfully burn),
hi...

As you know, modern TVs are using the "split" FBT HV secondary with the
rectifiers included and the HV connection by that 40kV rated cable
(also very good for our needs, but some hard to find).

All the Best,
73's,
Traian