[AMPS] bias regulator

Michael Watts wy6k@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:20:50 -0800 (PST)

In my experience, good design engineers frequently have different ideas about the optimal solution
to a problem and they almost always trade insults and get personal with each other.  Sometimes it
is good natured and done with respect and others times it's not.  At least there can't be any
actual physical violence here on the list!  It's been my "privilege" to manage a number of cranky
guys of this type over the years and I don't expect any of them to ever change.

I also think it is appropriate to brandish credentials.  I want to know something about the person
I'm listening to.

The only thing that seems unreasonable to me about what goes on here on Amps is the expectation
that the conflict might somehow end.

Try to conduct yourselves with dignity, boys, but please - by all means - carry on!  I learn a lot
here.  :-)

Michael WY6K
MSEE, MBA, AAADD (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder), RGTDRGAS (Retired Guy That Doesn't
Really Give A ****)