[Amps] choke resonances++

Alex alex@mail.sandlabs.com
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:41:21 -0400

Hmmm.... "hot spots" .... Sounds like grade 9 physics :)

Perhaps the correct utterance is that the  windings gaps provide a
redistribution
of the inter-thread capacitance that can and will form an resonant circuit
:)

In other, simpler, words, the gaps prevent the accumulation of capacitance
and/or inductance
for a specific frequency. Common occurrence with LONG and NARROW coils :)

The same effect can be achieved by having a coil that allows for some
spacing (at least
one diameter of the wire) between all threads, but this  makes it to long
for a practical application.

Alex