[Amps] choke picture

skipp isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 20:11:36 -0700

Hello Sailors....
-
Anyway, I actually have a picture of what I believe to be the
mentioned RF Parts Choke.  If you want a quick look at
said animal...
-
http://sonic.ucdavis.edu/amps
-
click on the platechoke2.jpg file.
-
cheers
skipp
-
PS: the answer to your second question would be,
yes... the item in the other two pictures is a "real
perky commuter car..."
-
--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Phil Clements" <philk5pc@tyler.net>
The RF Parts choke (RFC-3) used in many Ameritron and other
brand amps is the one I have been using, Carl. It has plenty of
L for 160 meter coverage. The first resonance is parked around
11.5-12 mhz, and the second is well above 10 meters. It is
advertised by RF Parts as 225uh, 1.5 amps, 1 inch ceramic form,
5 5/8 high. This choke has been a true drop-in-and-play component
for me with several projects. I always keep a few in the parts bin
for future use.
(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!