[Amps] muffin fans

STEVE---W5SET w5set@alltel.net
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:30:31 -0500

In the vein of the B-36, kind of anyway--doesn't the helicopter make a
beating sound with the air from the pressure side of the rotor against the
tail assembly?
On the noise making--my fan bearings  make noise--the air moving through
about everything makes noise, and especially the air moving through the
small expanded metal screen (for sheilding) between the tube enclosure and
the rear of the compartment. I use a 4 in. muffin fan of suspect parentage,
120 volt, for a 2x813 amp, it's a little noisy, but lower then the summer
QRN from the reciever, so it gets used.    Way less the the air conditioner
blowing in my face from 3 ft away.
W5SET steve