[Amps] Re: FW: diode strings...bias

2 2@vc.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 06:07:43 -0700

**  Frequency didn't matter?

>> The fellows  with  the  SB-221's  also  reported  that  their  output  power
>> on  10M  shot  up  from 700-800  watts  to 1350-1400 !!

**   10m is the band where 600pF of grid bypass [XC=9.4-ohms] is
seemingly enough.  Since a typical "Zero-inductance" 3-500Z
grid-grounding strap has c. 15nH of XL at 10m, a 600pF  grid-bypass will
put the grid closer to ground than a strap.

>> The  fellows  with  the  TL-922's  reported  that  they  could  now
>> remove  the  AG6K  nichrome  suppressors,  and  the  TL-922's   were   now
>> rock  stable.

**  922 / rock stable . . .  I own one and that's laughable.  They are
[factory-fresh] squirrelier than a SB-220 or an AL-1200 with
"neutralization".

>> On  the  big  metal  triodes,  I  use  a  12  position  rotary  switch
>> and 50  x 6A10's  +  1  lytic  across  the  entire  mess.  I  tap  right
>> after  diode  #10,  then  every  3rd  diode  after  that.

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end