[Amps] SELL: Retrofitted Drake L4/8877 Amplifier

Ronald Lumachi w2cqm@juno.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:27:01 -0500

 SELL: Drake L4 in excellent condition  retrofitted with a brand new
Eimac 8877. Complete with
 a  newly designed and configured   adjustable step start, metered, and
fan cooled
 remote  power supply running 4000VDC@1-1/2amps with an Alpha
transformer.
 Front  panel power supply switch controls voltage primary tap  input
providing a HV half
 power  position for about 900W.   The amp loafs at 1700-1800W output
with 55w of drive. There
 are no  exterior changes to the Drake deck consequently it looks as
originally designed and all knobs function as OEM intended.
 RF deck  internal changes include  the addition of a solid state delay
timer,  high volume fan,  HD 2amp porcelain
 plate choke, parasitic suppressors, Variac controlled filament voltage
(with pinouts) , and  an  antenna changeover relay compatible with the
new solid state
 transceivers.  The  free standing power supply has  standard  rackmount
dimensions  and is only 8-1/4" in depth.  See
 http://photos.yahoo.com/W2CQMRon for digitals. $1200 pickup only in  the
 NY, PA, NJ areas.  I expect to be at Dayton and Timonium. Ron W2CQM/3

  Looking for a Swan Mark I or Mark II amplifier. Don't necessarily need
the tubes, but  will take the entire package  if that's a condition of
sale.