[Amps] 10 Meters

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:16:15 -0800

Hi Marcelo,

When calling a French station, I usually do switch to French.  Same goes for
German.  Unfortunately, there are many languages I cannot speak, and do not
understand, and I applaud the entire worldwide amateur community for making
the effort to speak some conversational English.

That has rather nothing to do with my subject, which was stations choosing
inappropriate phonetics which are difficult to pronounce for them, making
them impossible to understand for others.  As an American, I wouldn't choose
"Jumilla" as a phonetic for "J," now, would I?

WB2WIK/6