[Amps] Henry 2KD Classic

Rich 2@vc.net
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 06:29:19 -0800

>You were right Rich,
>
>SWR is very high between the exciter ant the amp.
>Between 1.7 and 2 depending on the band.
>
>Do you know how can this be fixed?

**  Re-Design the tuned input circuits for a Q of 2 - 3.  A Q of less
than that is ok with tube-type radios, but not solid-state radios.  S-S
radios need an SWR of /,1.2 - 1.
-  Henry  Radio amp-design is still stuck in the 1970s when it comes to
tuned input circuits and vhf stability.

buena ventura, Marcel.