[Amps] WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! VECTOR ELECTRONICS

Tom Hix w4th@hotmail.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:24:36 -0600

I Would like to warn all of you about a Russian company that has $1800.00 of my money and has yet to send me the sockets I ordered 6 months ago.

The name of the company is VECTOR ELECTRONICS, and their web site is  http://www.vectorelec1.narod.ru/

I had been ordering the SK1A Svetlana tube sockets from this company, and had received a couple of orders from them with no problem. But, I placed the last order with them about 6 months ago and still no sockets. Just about all Russian companies require you pay them in advance via direct bank deposit which was the case with Vector. I sent them the $1800.00 as requested to their bank account and they in turn said they would ship my tubes in a couple of weeks.
I buy from other European tube suppliers, and normally it only takes from 2 to 4 weeks for an order to reach me once I send payment.

I waited about a month before I contacted them about not having received my sockets, they gave me one excuse after another, but since they had always delivered in the past, I thought i was still ok.

After a couple of months I asked them again where my sockets were.....they assured me they had been shipped and I should receive them any day....guess what....they never did come.

No use to bore you with all the correspondence I sent to them, let's just suffice it to say. I have been hot and heavy after my sockets.

They do not return my phone calls, or my emails and faxes, so I guess I am just screwed!

For those of you who dont know me, I am a ham, and  I sell Russian tubes and sockets on my web site, and have several commercial accounts, but my main customers are hams.

A lick like this is very hard for a small outfit like mine to recover from, but I hope to hang in as long as I can.

I just wanted to make the rest of you aware of these people.

73

Tom..............w4th..........Tom's Tubes

Tom's Tubes: Your Russian Tube Connection. Specializing in Amateur Radio Amplifier Tubes & Sockets.   http://www.tomstubes.com

MSN 8 helps
ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES.
 Get 2 months FREE*.