[Amps] WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! VECTOR ELECTRONICS

on4kj on4kj@skynet.be
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:13:06 -0000

This make me think at Frank Sinatra's song " I did it My way "
Can be a good way to hiden Publicity.........

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Hix" <w4th@hotmail.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 2:24 PM
Subject: [Amps] WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! VECTOR ELECTRONICS

> I Would like to warn all of you about a Russian company that
has&nbsp;$1800.00 of my money and has yet to send me the sockets I ordered 6
months ago.

&nbsp;http://www.vectorelec1.narod.ru/

> I had been ordering the SK1A Svetlana tube sockets from this company, and
had received a couple of orders from them with no problem. But, I placed the
last order with them about 6 months ago and still no sockets. Just about all
Russian companies require you pay them in advance via direct bank deposit
which was the case with Vector. I sent them the $1800.00 as requested to
their bank account and they in turn said they would ship my tubes in a
couple of weeks.
> I buy from other European tube suppliers, and normally it only takes from
2 to 4 weeks for an order to reach me once I send payment.

> I waited about a month before I contacted them about not having received
my sockets, they gave me one excuse after another, but since they had always
delivered in the past, I thought i was still ok.

> After a couple of months I asked them again where my sockets were.....they
assured me they had been shipped and I should receive them any day....guess
what....they never did come.

> No use to bore you with all the correspondence I sent to them, let's just
suffice it to say. I have been hot and heavy after my sockets.

> They do not return my phone calls, or my emails and faxes, so I guess I am
just screwed!

> For those of you who dont know me, I am a ham, and  I sell Russian tubes
and sockets on my web site, and have several commercial accounts, but my
main customers are hams.

> A lick like this is very hard for a small outfit like mine to recover
from, but I hope to hang in as long as I can.

Amplifier Tubes & Sockets.   http://www.tomstubes.com