[Amps] Dentron DTR-2000

Dudley Hurry jhurry@austin.rr.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:39:35 -0500

Mike,

I recently reworked a DTR-2000 amp, although I do not have the amp any
longer here are my observations.

> Q1) I was wondering if some of the other DTR-2000 owners out there might
be
> able to tell me what their input SWRs is like and what it may range on the
> some of the bands.

80 meters -1.5 to 1
17 meters - 3 to 1   (used the rig's internal tuner help)

By the way, the RF choke from RF Parts is a great replacement and solves the
choke issues with the amp.  Sells for about $23..

> Q3) In the SSB position, I noticed the bias on the 8877 is down around
50ma.
> I recall that it used to be around 180ma and I not sure if it changed or
> something else if going on.  What's the experts consensus on where idle
bias
> should be with a meager 2700V B+ on the anode?

The DTR-2000 idled at 50 ma.  So does my other 8877 amps.   I did search the
Eimac Spec. sheet, but could not find any certain idle current for AB2,
cathode driven, just refernce to the 8.2 volts on the cathode via a zener..

Hope this helps,

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ