[Amps] 572B tubes replacements for 811A's

Paul Carr paulcarr at barrow.com
Sat Apr 5 08:26:49 EST 2003

I have an AL-811H and use the 572B tubes.  They are a direct drop in
replacement, and according to Ameritron, it is that simple. So far, it
has been working wonderfully.

One word of caution:

The tube sockets on the Ameritron amp use a small horseshoe shaped clip
which adds tension to the socket/tube leg connection. The clips can
break, so you have to be careful pulling and replacing the tubes.  The
clearances in the bottom of the amp are close and the broken clip pieces
were just big enough to cause a short between the tube socket and the
bottom of the case.

Paul
WL7PC