[Amps] Need help Yaesu FL2100Z

S. J. Blackwell w5lu at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 15:35:46 EDT 2003

I once bought a 4x811A amp that was described as having something wrong with
the circuit because one tube would consistantly glow red and eventually burn
a hole in the plate. This occured even though this tube had been replaced on
two occasions. The problem was the other three tubes were way down on
emission and the sinlge tube was getting a great deal of abuse. I am not
suggesting this is your problem as I understand that you have already
swapped the tubes to another amp, but I found it interesting.
Gud luck,
Sam, W5LU.