[Amps] PS project

Bill Coleman N2BC n2bc at stny.rr.com
Thu Apr 10 16:30:28 EDT 2003

Lynn.....    What kind of power are you shooting for???    I assume it's
240VAC mains, at 25A is SIX KW.   If your efficiency is crap, you're still
twice the legal limit....   I'm also assuming we're talking about an amateur
application.

If indeed you want 5KV @ 2A,  (TEN kilowatts), then you will need a primary
breaker of at least 42A - probably 50A - and of course a feed circuit
capable of that.

Please let us all know when you will be on the air...
Bill Coleman    N2BC
http://home.stny.rr.com/n2bc