[Amps] Question about ampifiers

Gary Schafer garyschafer at attbi.com
Mon Apr 14 11:33:03 EDT 2003

If you have a standard delta connection then you will only have one
voltage available. Without other transformers of course.

With a 3 phase wye connection (which I assumed that it is if you have
two voltages available) you will not have 220 volts and 120 volts at the
same time. Unless of course there are other transformers involved.

But from a simple wye connected 3 phase line the relationship between
one leg and two legs is 1.732.
So if you have 220 volts across two legs, then across one leg you will
have 127 volts.  If you have 120 volts on one leg then across two you
will have 208 volts.

73
Gary  K4FMX