[Amps] 3CPX1500A7 vs 3CX1500A7

2 2 at vc.net
Sat Apr 19 05:02:24 EDT 2003

Yes, Pete.  The principle difference is that the Pulse version has a
longer leakage path anode insulator than the 3CX1500A7.  However, for
operating in La Paz (at 12,000 ft altitude), the P version might be a
better choice.
notes --  The Henry 4K-Ultra needs at least 20‡s of glitch resistor in
the +hv lead feeding the HV-RFC.  Also, a lower VHF-Q parasitic
suppressor might be a good idea since the 8877/3cx1500A7 has
extraordinary VHF gain and 0.1pF of feedback-C.  //  What happened to the
original tube?

>Are these tubes basically interchangeable in an amateur linear amp?
>Specially, can I use the pulse version sucessfully in a Henry 4K Ultra?
>Thanks in advance for your help and comments.
>Pete, K5PZ

-  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734, AG6K,
www.vcnet.com/measures.
end