[Amps] re: Central Electronics 600L

skipp isaham nospam4me at juno.com
Sun Apr 27 09:50:20 EDT 2003

re: Central Electronics 600L
-
Previous amps requests for information about the
600L "plate coupler" caught my interest. A quick
trip to the bama site delivered a circuit diagram.
-
A quick visual overview of the circuit diagram
shows the unit to be quite a well done layout.
-
Things to note are the well thought out
regulated screen supply and the adjacent
load mismatch "control".   Then I spot a grid
bias regulator, time delay and other
contemporary circuits before I even
reached the output coupler. Man, this is
one heck of a well done amplifier.
-
The big surprise was the diagram date
code of 1958.  Hats off to the designer,
one of the better "out of the starting gate"
circuits I've seen.
-
Circa late 50's makes the design even
that much more impressive.