[Amps] sources of tube tester info and sales

John T. M. Lyles jtml at lanl.gov
Wed Aug 20 14:43:44 EDT 2003

Its all on the web, free advice you would need, plus some for sale.
See list below:
73
John
K5PRO

>I am looking to buy a tube tester but there is very little available =
>here in Australia so need some advice..
>My main use.. 90%..would be for testing sweep tubes and others such as =
>6146 etc from early Kenwood, Yaesu and similar types.

If you are seriously interested in knowing the ins and outs of tube
testers, and which ones were made by whom, and what are the best, get
Alan Douglas' book "Tube Testers and Classic Electronic Test Gear".

http://www.tubewizard.com/
for advice on Hickok tube testers.

http://www.vacuumtubes.com/tubetesters.html
SND Tube sales

http://www.vacuumtube.com/toppage31.htm
for a modern tube tester (for audio triodes)

http://www.angela.com/
Angela Instruments

Nortex Electronic Co
http://www.montagar.com/~patj/nortex.htm

Electronic Surplus
http://www.surplus-electronics.com/

Fair Radio Sales (had military TV2 and TV7 testers sometimes, I-177
in stock now)
http://www.fairradio.com/

http://www.jvgavila.com/tv7.htm
Specifc to TV7 testers.