[Amps] 4CX350A for VHF?

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 21:45:41 EDT 2003

ad5gb wrote:

>Greetings all,
>
>I was just given a shiny new pair of 4CX350As.  I thought of trying to
>make a little desktop amp for 2M out of them but a quick look at
>Eimac's web page at the specs make me wonder if this this might be a
>bad idea.  Further, web searches produce a mixed bag of success/failure
>stories.
>
>Anyone on this reflector ever use these on 2M?

Sure - they work fine in amplifiers like the W1SL and the W2GN. Expect
about 500W from the pair, but with stable voltages they can give a very
clean signal.

'The VHF/UHF DX Book' is probably the best source of information for VHF
power amps using this size of tube. It's still available from ARRL.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
                            Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'