Fw: [Amps] GLA-1000 ?

skipp isaham nospam4me at juno.com
Wed Dec 3 23:40:12 EST 2003

> Have a question, what is the HV of the GLA-1000?

About 1200 volts dc no load

> will it handle 500 Ma?

For peak power SSB service, yes.

> what I'm wanting to do is convert the GLA-1000
> to 6M using a single Russian GI7B !

It's been done already. I have pictures of the
GLA-1000 with one of the large Russian Triodes
installed. I also have one or two pictures of the
GLA with dual 4cx250's and of course the
popular EL-509 conversion.

I have not received any paperwork from any
of these conversions, just a few odd pics for
my informal collection.

There is also a similar Russian tube sold for
direct swap into EL-509 service. I'm receiving
reports that these tubes do not hold up well
to the higher supply voltage of the Dentron
GLA-1000b.

> need a small footprint on the desk , plus
> would like to use on 120 VAC. Hoping for
> an output of 350 to 400 watts.
> Tks Ed N5BLZ

The GLA-1000 conversion would be just the
cost effective building block.

cheers
skipp